The City of Worthington is proud to once again be the centerpiece for a premier bike racing event this summer. The Worthington Criterium Bike Race will kick-off in Worthington on Friday, July 29th winding its way through the streets of the Worthington Estates area. This is a great opportunity to showcase the Worthington community to people across the state of Ohio. Worthington residents and visitors are encouraged to come and cheer the racers on during this exciting race.
Racing begins at 5:00 p.m. on July 29th at the Start/Finish line on Guyer Street at Worthingway Middle School. The route will proceed down Longfellow Avenue, Masefield Street, Stevenson Avenue, Thackeray Avenue, Lambourne Avenue, and back down Guyer Street.
Important parking and street closures to note:
• The entire course will be posted “No Parking” on Friday, July 29th
• Larrimer will be posted no parking on both sides of the street from Guyer to Evening Street and the north side of the street from Evening Street to High Street.
• Lambourne will be posted no parking on the north side of the street from Guyer to Stenten.
• On race day the course will be closed to thru traffic beginning at 4:30 p.m., but will remain open to local traffic for residents who live along the course.
• The racing begins at 5:00 p.m., when the streets will be closed to all traffic.
• 5: 00 – Worthington Classic Amateur Open. All are welcome to participate. Register onsite beginning at 4:00 p.m. or online at www.truesport.com/teamcolumbus.
• 5:45 – Kids’ races along Guyer Street. Register onsite beginning at 4:00 p.m. All participants must wear a helmet.
• 6:00 – Pro racing begins.
• Streets will reopen upon the conclusion of racing at approximately 7:30 p.m.
. For more information call Worthington Public Information Officer Anne Brown at 854-7173 or Race Director Tym Tyler at 563-3434. Registration for the amateur open race can be found online at www.truesport.com/teamcolumbus. Follow the links from the 2011 Events Schedule to the Worthington Classic.