The Worthington Memorial Day Parade, organized and sponsored each year by the American Legion Leasure-Blackston Post 239 in Worthington, will begin at 10:00 a.m. on Monday, May 29, 2023. The parade will begin on E. Dublin-Granville Rd. and proceed south on High Street to Cemetery Drive, where a ceremony will begin at the conclusion of the parade at Walnut Grove Cemetery in the Circle of Honor.
Specific parade information is available from the American Legion.
Parade Parking and Traffic Information
To maintain access for emergency vehicles and facilitate traffic movement it will be necessary to close portions of city streets and to temporarily post certain streets “No Parking”. The following streets will be temporarily closed for the parade:
- Rt. 161 between Proprietors Road and High Street closes beginning at 8:30 a.m.
- Rt. 161 between Proprietors Road and Evening Street - from 9:00 a.m. until immediately following the parade.
- High St. between North Street and Stanton Avenue - from 9:45 a.m. to approximately Noon.
- Morning Street from Rt. 161 to North Street will be One Way Only northbound between 8:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
The following areas will be posted “No Parking” effective 7:00 a.m. to Noon:
- Morning St. - from E. North St. to E. South St.
- Hartford St. - from E. North St. to E. South St.
- High St. - from Dublin-Granville Rd. to South St.
- Franklin Ave. - from Morning St. to Pingree Dr.
- Oxford St. - from Dublin-Granville Rd. to W. South St.
- W. North St. - from Evening St. to High St.
- E. North St.- Evening to Ridgedale
- E. New England Ave. –from Hartford St. to Plymouth St.
- E. Stafford- from High St. to Morning St.
The following traffic detours will be in place during the parade event:
- Eastbound Rt. 161 - Left on Evening St. to right on W. North St. to right on Proprietors Rd. to left on Rt. 161
- Westbound Rt. 161 - Right on Proprietors Rd. to left on E. North St. to left on Evening St. to right on Rt. 161.
- Southbound High St. to Eastbound Rt. 161 - Left on E. North St. to right on Proprietors to left on Rt. 161
- Southbound High St. to Westbound Rt. 161 - Right on W. North St. to left on Evening to right on Rt. 161.
- Northbound on High St. - E. Stanton Ave. over to Sinclair Rd.
The City of Worthington appreciates the cooperation of area residents. If you have any questions about traffic and parking before Memorial Day, please contact the Service & Engineering Department at 614-431-2425. Any questions arising on May 29th should be directed to the Worthington Division of Police at 614-885-4463.
Holiday Office Hours & Trash Pick up
City of Worthington offices, including the Community Center and Griswold Center, will be closed for the Memorial Day holiday, May 29th. Trash, recycling and yard waste collection will shift from Friday to Saturday, June 3rd. More information