September 30, 2023
Streets of downtown Worthington
Worthington, OH 43085
Old Worthington Market Day
Saturday, September 30, 2023
The popular Old Worthington Market Day Festival is making a return to historic downtown Worthington on Saturday, September 30, 2023.
The Worthington Market Day Festival is taking place in historic downtown Worthington on Saturday, September 30, 2023 from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. The Market Day 2023 will bring crafters, vendors, food and entertainment to the streets of downtown Worthington, which means street closures, detours and parking restrictions:
- High St. from Dublin Granville Rd. (SR161) to South St. will be closed to all traffic from 6:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- The traffic detour for southbound traffic is High St. to west on SR161; south on Evening St., east on W. South St. and south on High St.
- The traffic detour for northbound traffic is High St. to east on E. South St.; north on Hartford St.; west on SR161 and north on High St.
To maintain access for emergency vehicles and facilitate traffic movement it will be necessary to temporarily post certain streets "No Parking" beginning Friday evening, September 29th. The signs will be removed and parking restrictions lifted following the Market Day Celebration at approximately 5:30 p.m. The areas to be posted temporary "No Parking" are:
- High St. – SR161 to South St.
- E. Stafford Ave. –north side only from High St. to Hartford St.
- Hartford St. - North St. to South St.
- Morning St. – SR161 to South St.
- E. New England Ave. - High St. to Plymouth St.
- Oxford St. – SR161 to South St.
- Evening St. – SR161 to South St.
- South St. - Morning St. to Evening St.
- W. North Street - High St. to Evening St.
- W. New England Ave. –south side only from Evening St. to Sinsbury Dr.
- W. New England Ave. –north side only from Oxford St. to Evening St.
- Farrington Dr. –west side only from SR161 to Sinsbury Dr.
- Sinsbury Dr. – south side and west side only
Getting to the Festival – Parking
- With the High Street closure, traffic is expected to be congested in and around the downtown area. Drivers should use alternate routes and avoid downtown if they are not going to the Market Day Festival or visiting downtown businesses.
- Visitors are encouraged to park outside of the area and walk or bike to the festival. A bike corral will be set up on the southwest Village Green, where bikes can be securely parked thanks to the Worthington Bike & Pedestrian Advisory Committee and Rebel Transportation.
- Due to continued construction at the high school, Market Day parking for vendors and visitors will be at 6700 N. High Street. (The former Anthem building)
- Visitors are asked to enter the south entrance and park in the lower lot closest to the rear of the building. (see map) Signs will be posted.
- A free shuttle service will be operated from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., traveling from the 6700 N. High Street parking lot to shuttle stops behind the Worthington Inn and Griswold Center. The 6700 N. High Street building will be closed.
- Handicap parking is available in the public parking lot adjacent to the Worthington United Methodist Church, accessible from Hartford Street to the east.
For event information, please contact the Worthington Area Chamber of Commerce at 614-888-3040, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit worthingtonchamber.org