May 29, 2023
Begins at High Street and Dublin Granville Road
Proceeds south down High Street
Worthington, OH 43085
Memorial Day Parade
Monday, May 29, 2023
The Worthington Memorial Day Parade, sponsored each year by the American Legion in Worthington, will begin at 10:00 a.m. on Memorial Day, the last Monday in May. The parade will begin on E. Dublin-Granville Rd. and proceeds south on High Street to Cemetery Drive. A ceremony takes place at Walnut Grove Cemetery at the conclusion of the parade. Please contact the American Legion for information on how to enter your group in the parade.
To maintain access for emergency vehicles and facilitate traffic movement during the parade, it will be necessary to close portions of city streets and to temporarily post certain streets “No Parking”.
The following streets will be temporarily closed for the parade:
- Rt. 161 between Proprietors Road and High Street closes beginning at 8:30 a.m.
- Rt. 161 between Proprietors Road and Evening Street - from 9:00 a.m. until immediately following the parade.
- High St. between North Street and Stanton Avenue - from 9:45 a.m. to approximately Noon.
- Morning Street from Rt. 161 to North Street will be One Way Only northbound between 8:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
The following areas will be posted “No Parking” effective 7:00 a.m. to Noon:
- Morning St. - from E. North St. to E. South St.
- Hartford St. - from E. North St. to E. South St.
- High St. - from Dublin-Granville Rd. to South St.
- Franklin Ave. - from Morning St. to Pingree Dr.
- Oxford St. - from Dublin-Granville Rd. to W. South St.
- W. North St. - from Evening St. to Morning St.
- E. New England Ave. –from Hartford St. to Plymouth St.
- E. Stafford- from High St. to Morning St.
The following traffic detours will be in place during the parade event:
- Eastbound Rt. 161 - Left on Evening St. to right on W. North St. to right on Proprietors Rd. to left on Rt. 161
- Westbound Rt. 161 - Right on Proprietors Rd. to left on E. North St. to left on Evening St. to right on Rt. 161.
- Southbound High St. to Eastbound Rt. 161 - Left on E. North St. to right on Proprietors to left on Rt. 161
- Southbound High St. to Westbound Rt. 161 - Right on W. North St. to left on Evening to right on Rt. 161
- All traffic traveling northbound on High St. will be diverted to E. Stanton Ave. over to Sinclair Rd.
Visit cota.com for information on bus reroutes during the parade.
The City of Worthington appreciates the cooperation of area residents. If you have any traffic or parking questions before Memorial Day, please contact the Service & Engineering Department at (614) 431-2425. Any questions arising on event day should be directed to the Worthington Division of Police at (614) 885-4463.