2021 Worthington Citizens Academy
After a hiatus in 2020, the Worthington Citizens Academy is now accepting applications
Please fill out the application below to register for the 2021 Worthington Citizens Academy beginning on September 23rd, 2021!
The Worthington Citizens Academy is designed to help Worthington residents learn more about their city government and become more connected to their community.
This seven-week program is an excellent way to educate residents, build positive relationships, increase communication between government officials and citizens, and inspire future municipal leaders and volunteers.
Academy members will:
- Meet City Council members, department heads, and staff.
- Learn how decisions are made, how city funds are allocated, and how departments operate.
- Enjoy comprehensive overviews of departments, programs, and services.
- Discover the current status and plans for development and programming in Worthington.
- Expand their knowledge and become more informed on current issues and proposed projects within the City.
- Participate in lively discussions, role-playing, and other fun interactive activities.
- Tour city facilities.
- Become informed, involved citizens
2021 Citizens Academy Class Schedule:
- Introduction to the City of Worthington - Thursday, September 23rd, 2021 - 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- Parks and Recreation - Thursday, September 30th, 2020 - 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- Service and Engineering - Thursday, October 7th, 2021 - 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- Division of Police - Thursday, October 14th, 2021 - 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- Community Development - Thursday, October 21st, 2021 - 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- Finance and Budgeting - Thursday, October 28th, 2019 - 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- Division of Fire and EMS & Graduation - Thursday, November 4th, 2021 - 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
There are two ways to apply:
- Follow this link to register using the online form.
- Stop in and pick up an application at the Worthington Municipal Building, 6550 N. High Street, Worthington, OH 43085
Email Us or call 614-436-3100 for more information.