Following guidance issued by Worthington’s Public Health Department, due to substantial community transmission of COVID-19, participants age 2-9 utilizing childcare will be required to wear a facial covering except while eating, engaged in physical activity, or where medical/developmental conditions prohibit use.
Childcare Room hours are subject to change due to staff availability. Please call ahead to verify if opened.
Childcare Room Hours for September:
Monday-Saturday: 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Tuesday: 4:00 PM - 7:30 PM
Drop-in childcare is available at the Worthington Community Center for use by patrons using the indoor facilities. The staff will provide a safe and fun environment while you enjoy the workout facility. To ensure this goal is achieved, we need your help and ask that you comply with the following rules:
Availability is limited on a first-come, first-served basis, due to child/staff ratios. Children must be supervised at all times.
- 1:7 ratio with toddlers and children
- Staff should not exceed more than seven children per staff member. Staff-to-child ratios are maintained at all times.
A parent or adult must purchase a Childcare Room punch card or an unlimited 30-day pass from the front desk at the Worthington Community Center prior to use of the Childcare Room. A computerized scanning system is utilized for each child's visit. Each child has their own key tag which is linked to their name and photo, therefore, each child should have their own punch card. 1 pass visits will bring their receipt to the room.
Punch Card Pricing:
- 1 pass visit - $4
- 5 pass visits - $20
- 10 pass visits - $40
- 20 pass visits - $80
Unlimited 30-day Pass
Unlimited 30-day passes are available for purchase and pricing is based on residency. Please note that the 2-hour limit per child, per visit still applies. The 30-day pass is valid for 30 days from the date of purchase.
- Worthington Residents - $20
- Non-Residents - $40
Time Limit & Late Fees:
There is a 2-hour maximum per child, per visit. All children must be picked up by the Childcare Room closing time.
A late charge of $1 per 5 minutes, per child is assessed after the 2-hour limit OR after the Childcare Room is closed. All fees must be paid in full prior to the next use of the Childcare Room.
- The first offense may result in the late fee and a warning.
- The second offense may result in the late fee and loss of room privileges for 1 month.
- The third offense may result in the late fee and a loss of room privileges for 2 months.
Refunds are not available if your child is unable to use the Childcare Room.
Childcare Room Rules/Policies:
- The Childcare Room is designed for children, age 1 to 9 years old (child must be able to independently walk).
- Parents must complete a medical form, including any special instructions for each child attending.
- Parents must remain inside the Community Center while child(ren) is in the playroom.
- Parents must scan their child in and out with each visit.
- There is a 2-hour maximum per visit. Late fees will be assessed if you go over the 2-hour time limit or if you do not pick up by the Childcare Room closing time.
- Due to allergies, food and gum are not permitted in the room. Please keep toys or valuables at home.
- Families are permitted to bring in one cup per child that can be closed (water bottle, sippy cup, etc.) to avoid spills. Drinks must be water or a clear liquid; no milk or colored juice allowed.
- Parent will be notified when diapers are to be changed. Staff are not permitted to change diapers.
- Cubbies are provided for your child's diaper bag, coat, etc. Please make sure everything is labeled. Children must wear shoes.
- Children showing signs of illness, including but not limited to fever, discolored nasal discharge, diarrhea or vomiting are not permitted in the Childcare Room. Staff has the authority to refuse service to children showing signs of illness. Must be fever free for 24 hours.
- Parents are consulted regarding disciplinary situations, incidents, and accidents.
Julie Sergent - Recreation Operations Manager