West Wilson Bridge Road Intersection Improvements
Work is underway to improve and align an important business connection on West Wilson Bridge Road. A new intersection is being constructed that connects High North, formerly the Shops at Worthington Place mall, with the Worthington Gateway mixed-use development across the street. Currently, the drives connecting to the two properties do not align. The new intersection will include a lighted common intersection with additional turn lanes for easy access. Additional landscaping and brick monument signage will also be added on the north side entrance to High North.
- Beginning June 1, westbound traffic is shifted away from the curb lane in front of the mall with two lanes of traffic being maintained at all times.
- The eastbound lanes will also be shifted during the construction.
- The lane shifts will be in place throughout the project, which is expected to be finished in August 2021.
- Access to businesses and nearby residences will remain open at all times.
- There will be some temporary restrictions and closures to the drive into the High North development.
- Drivers are advised to use Old Wilson Bridge Road as an alternate route when the mall entry road is restricted.
On Thursday, August 26, 2021, crews are scheduled to apply a fresh coat of pavement to the entire stretch of the new Worthington Mall Drive, the main entrance to The Shops at Worthington Place from Wilson Bridge Road. Weather permitting, paving will take place from 7am to 5pm. Open lanes will shift during the process, but access to the mall is expected to be maintained throughout the day. Expect possible delays if you are driving in or out of the area.
See previous updates below.
As part of the West Wilson Bridge and North High Street lighting and traffic signal improvements, signal work will begin at High Street and Caren Avenue the week of July 12th and is anticipated to last approximately one month.
- Lane shifts affecting traffic on High Street will occur from 6:00 AM to 2:00 PM each day. Traffic in both directions on High Street will be maintained while work is being completed.
- Sidewalks will be temporarily closed at the Caren Avenue and High Street intersection starting in mid-to-late July and continuing through the duration of the work at the intersection. Pedestrians are advised to avoid this work by using the sidewalks on the opposite side of High Street.
The sidewalks and pedestrian crossings at the intersection are closed. Pedestrians are advised to use alternative crossings.
- East of the mall, pedestrians can cross at High Street and Wilson Bridge.
- West of the mall, pedestrians can cross at St. Antoine/Corporate Hill Drive.
- Note: Sidewalks on both sides of West Wilson Bridge Road have been removed for construction. Pedestrians are advised to use caution and walk in the grassy areas or parking lots if they must access the area on foot.
Beginning Monday, June 21 the lanes in and out of the mall access drive will be shifted west to one lane in each direction. This shift is expected to be in place for 2-3 weeks, depending on weather. In addition, starting the week of June 21, a portion of the sidewalk will close on the south side of West Wilson Bridge Road.