Johnson & Johnson Vaccine Distribution Paused
Vaccine Eligibility Open to Ages 16+
All people age 16 and up are now eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. Appointments are available using the State's central scheduling portal at gettheshot.coronavirus.ohio.gov or can be made through primary care providers and hospital systems or public health agencies.
People 16 and 17 years old must have parental consent for any vaccine and must be accompanied by a parent/legal guardian to receive a vaccine. People under 18 are eligible to receive the Pfizer vaccine only. The Moderna vaccine is indicated for those 18 and up. When the Johnson & Johnson vaccine is available again, that is also indicated for people 18 and up.
CDC Guidance for People who are Fully Vaccinated
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) released guidelines for people who have been fully vaccinated. The CDC says people who are fully vaccinated can start to do some things that they had stopped doing because of the pandemic. If you’ve been fully vaccinated, you can:
- Gather indoors with fully vaccinated people without wearing a mask.
- Gather indoors with unvaccinated people from one other household without masks, unless any of those people or anyone they live with is at increased risk for severe illness from COVID-19.
- In public, you should still wear a mask, stay at least 6 feet apart from others, and avoid crowds and poorly ventilated spaces.
Have You Been Fully Vaccinated?
People are considered fully vaccinated:
- 2 weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, like the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or
- 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, like Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine
- If it has been less than 2 weeks since your shot, or if you still need to get your second dose, you are NOT fully protected. Keep taking all prevention steps until you are fully vaccinated.
Get COVID-19 Vaccine Text Updates -- Text VaxCbus to 888777
Columbus Public Health has launched a new text message system for Columbus and Worthington residents to get the latest information on COVID-19 vaccine availability for eligible groups. People can text “VaxCbus” to 888777 to sign up for COVID-19 vaccine updates. The Columbus Public Health website and social media accounts will continue to be updated with the latest information on the vaccine.