City Building and Service Closures
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, the City of Worthington is establishing temporary service delivery changes to promote the health and safety of our community and our staff while maintaining essential services for our residents and businesses. While emergency personnel is on duty, many administrative staff members are working from home.
The following facility closures and operational changes are in place until further notice:
Division of Fire and EMS and Division of Police
- Fire and Police offices are closed to walk-in visitors.
Learn more about emergency and non-emergency service provisions here.
Parks and Recreation offices are closed
- The following Parks and Recreation facilities are closed until further notice:
- Community Center
- Griswold Center
- Shelby Shelterhouse
- Godown Dog Park
- Pickleball courts
- Tennis Courts
- Basketball courts
- Skatepark at Olentangy Parklands
- Restrooms at Olentangy Parklands
- athletic fields
- Information about membership extensions, program cancellations and rental refunds/rescheduling
- Parks maintenance operations will continue
Planning and Building offices are closed
- The Planning and Building Department office is closed to the public.
- Please see the link below about the acceptance and processing of permits, fees, inspections, and other Planning and Building services. Detailed information about Planning and Building services
Service and Engineering offices are closed
- The Service and Engineering front lobby is closed to the public.
- Information about Service & Engineering permitting and inspections during the pandemic
- Calls to the Service & Engineering Department at 431-2425 will still be answered between regular business hours, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Yard Waste Drop off is closed. There will be no Saturday drop off until further notice.
- Electronic Waste recycling closed
- There will be no interruption in solid waste collection and utility shut-offs for non-payment have been discontinued during the crisis.
Learn more about solid waste collection and utility serviceshere.
Worthington Municipal Building is closed
- The Worthington Municipal Building is closed to the public.
- The City’s main phone line 614-436-3100 will be answered during business hours, 8am to 5pm Monday through Friday.
- Please use the City’s website to find COVID-19 information and resources, as well as information about all day-to-day public services.
- Please contact City departments directly during this closure. View the department and staff directory.
- Permit applications will not be accepted for garage sales, block parties, door-to-door solicitation, special events, and no parking or road closure requests.
Mayor’s Court office is closed
- Effective March 31, 2020, all pending cases (including criminal and traffic arraignments, pre‐trials, trials, and hearings) have been continued until May 19, 2020. A notice is being mailed to the address on file with the court.
- If you do not receive your notice or have questions pertaining to your case, please contact the Clerk of Court office at 614-786-7351.
- How to pay a ticket or make any payment:
- Payments need to be in for the form of a check or money order
- Payments may be mailed to:
Worthington Mayor’s Court
6550 N. High Street
Worthington, OH 43085
- Payments can be placed in the court’s drop box located beside the door on the north side of the municipal building (same address as mailing address.) Please put your payment and copy of your ticket in an envelope. Put your name, address and a telephone number on the outside of the envelope.