Event and Community Updates
Special Event Decisions
The City of Worthington continues to work with event organizers and our partners at Columbus Public Health to evaluate the feasibility and health protocols required for special events to be held safely and in compliance with State Health Orders and best practices to limit the spread of COVID-19. Updates will be made on this page as decisions are made and announced. See updates to-date below.
Worthington Memorial Day Parade Reimagined for 2021
While the American Legion Leasure-Blackston Post 239 and the City of Worthington had hoped the 2021 Memorial Day Parade would be back in its traditional form in 2021, the health and safety of parade spectators and participants is of the utmost importance. That is why the Worthington Memorial Day Parade is being reimagined in a smaller format for 2021.
Organizers consulted with Worthington’s public health agency, Columbus Public Health, and carefully reviewed State of Ohio COVID-19 orders and safety protocols, before making the difficult decision to revise plans for the 101st Memorial Day Parade. Due to current COVID-19 conditions and challenges enforcing health orders for physical distancing and contact tracing, holding the traditional parade would put the community at risk.
Worthington Farmers Market Returns to Historic District with Expanded Layout and Safety Protocols
2021 Spring and Summer Event Announcements
Program, Facility and Community Organization Updates
- Parks & Recreation program and facility updates
- City building and facility hours and service availability
- Worthington Libraries
- Worthington Schools information for students and families
- McConnell Arts Center hours, programs and classes
- Worthington Farmers Market
- Worthington Partnership & Experience Worthington events and opportunities
- Worthington Youth Boosters sports league and programming updates
- Worthington Area Chamber of Commerce virtual programs and opportunities
- Worthington Resource Pantry service details