2020 Leaf Collection will begin October 12. Crews will work to make at least one pass through town each week as equipment and Mother Nature allow. Please have your leaves to the curb Monday morning of each week to ensure collection. The last day to place leaves at the curb is December 6th. Residents have other options to dispose of their leaves. Yard Waste collection takes place year round each Friday. Leaves may be bagged in paper bags for Friday collection. Residents may also bring bagged leaves to the Service and Engineering Department for drop off. We are open weekdays from 7:30am to 4:00pm year round.
The Worthington Department of Service & Engineering offers leaf collection services to all Worthington residents during the autumn season. The department's goal is to provide efficient and effective leaf collection that is convenient for residents. Crews work hard to see that each street receives collection once a week. This continues through the scheduled season as staffing, equipment maintenance and Mother Nature allow. Limited staffing and weather restricts us from being able to schedule particular streets on particular days. Please have your leaves raked to the curb by Monday morning of each scheduled week during collection to ensure pick up. Once completed with your street that week, crews will be making their way through the rest of the city and may not return in the same week.
Leaf Collection Schedule
Newer technologies and equipment will allow crews to collect leaves citywide each week of the scheduled collection season as staffing and weather allow. Crews will make every effort to collect leaves from each street once per week. To ensure collection, please have your leaves raked to the curb by Monday morning of each scheduled collection week. The Service and Engineering Department cannot guarantee collection of leaves raked out later in the week. Leaves placed at the curb for collection after the final week must be bagged in paper yard waste bags for regular Friday collection.
- All leaves must be raked to the curb - do not place leaves in the street. Leaves in streets cause storm sewers to clog and create traffic hazards. Leaves more than two feet from the curb cannot be collected due to the limited reach of the vacuum equipment.
- Do not include foreign materials, such as brush, twigs or grass clippings. Such material damages the leaf vacuum machine.
- Place leaves well away from obstructions such as trees, signs and fire hydrants, since the pick-up hose cannot reach past these obstructions. Leaves near these obstructions will not be picked up.
- Remove vehicles from the street during collection weeks. The leaf vacuum truck will not be able to pick up any leaves blocked by a parked vehicle.
Residents have two additional leaf disposal options:
- Friday curbside yard waste collection - Residents should place leaves in paper yard bags or in a permanent container with a decal labeled "Yard Waste Only"
- Yard waste drop-off - Residents may bring leaves directly to the Department of Service & Engineering at:
380 Highland Ave.
Worthington, OH 43085