Village Green Signs & Special Events
Non-profit groups in the Worthington area can apply to hold special events on the Village Green and use the signs on the Village Green to promote their upcoming activities. Permits to hold special events on the Village Green are granted on a first come, first served basis and it is recommended that they be submitted a minimum of three weeks prior to event.
Applicants should attach a detailed setup and cleanup plan for the event. The Director of Parks and Recreation and/or the City Manager will review and approve applications.
The purpose of the Village Green Signs is to provide the people of Worthington the opportunity to post public notices of upcoming events and activities. This is a FREE public service.
Every person has an equal opportunity to post such notices and sign permits to post are granted based on a first come, first served basis. Permits will be approved under the following conditions:
- The sponsoring group is a not-for-profit organization.
- The location of the activity is in the Worthington area.
- In fairness to all groups, duplicated signs are not permitted. One is the maximum number of signs per event. Concurrent events from the same organization may be bumped for other groups.
- The sign posted will not be erected more than two weeks before the scheduled date of the event.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT SIGN SPECIFICATIONS HAVE CHANGED AS OF APRIL 25, 2017:
- Signs should be printed single faced, 4 feet wide by 5 feet high (vertical) on
4mm corrugated plasticmaterial. These 4 x 5 foot signs will be placed into the signboard and clipped down. No additional materials can be used or added to the sign.
- City staff is solely responsible for the posting of signs. Patrons may not post/remove their own signs.
- Any sign can be rejected for structural reasons or inappropriateness.
- Signs will be located only on the signboards provided and installed by the City.
Additional Sign Permit Information
- Permits can be obtained online or at the Community Center customer service desk during regular business hours. They can be dropped off at the Community Center, mailed or submitted by fax (614-786-7367) or email to Julie Sergent, Marketing & Outreach Coordinator.
- Signs are posted and removed weekly on Mondays (Tuesdays for Monday holidays). Signs MUST be delivered before 7:30 am on Monday morning, but can be delivered up to 2 weeks prior and must be picked up no later than 2 weeks after the event.
- Deliver and pick up signs at the following location (signs should be placed at the south end, or rear of the building, in the fenced area):
777 High Street
Worthington, OH 43085