Closures and Cancellations
Parks & Recreation Reopening Update
The Worthington Parks & Recreation team has been working on a plan to safely resume and reopen some facilities and programming based on State protocols and safety guidelines. Some facilities have begun to reopen.
Updated 7/1/2020 2:00 p.m.
Most recently reported updates are at the top of the list
- The McConnell Arts Center is now open limited open gallery hours, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1pm to 4pm and Saturdays from 10am to 1pm. Online exhibits and programs will also continue. Learn more from the MAC online.
- The Worthington Concerts on the Green are cancelled through July 2020. August dates remain tentative.
- Beginning June 13, the Worthington Farmers Market is transitioning to a walk-in format at a new location. See details here
- August 4 - National Night Out event cancelled.
- October 4 - Fire and Police Open Houses are cancelled.
- Worthington Youth Boosters (WYB) has been working on a plan for resuming programming using guidance from the Ohio Department of Health, the Ohio High School Athletic Association, the National Federation of High School Sports, and the Centers for Disease Control. They ask for your cooperation and adherence to the new protocols in place for the safety of our entire community. Get the latest WYB updates here.
- July 26 - Trifit Triathlon is cancelled
- Swiminc has made the difficult decision to keep the Worthington Pools closed for the 2020 outdoor season.
See the announcement and link to the letter from the Board of Directors here.
- Worthington Libraries begins phased reopening with the distribution of reserved materials to patrons. See details here
- Yard Waste Drop-off is available between the hours of 7:30am to 11:00am weekdays until further notice. Call 614-431-2425 when you arrive to be permitted in the gate. Saturday Yard Waste Drop-off will take place on Saturday, June 27th between 11am and 2pm. Subsequent dates and times are still to be determined.
- Events at the Worthington Historical Society have been cancelled or postponed. See more information here
- July 4 - Rotary Family Picnic and Fireworks have been postponed. There are tentative plans to reschedule, along with the Memorial Day Parade, for the Labor Day weekend. See more information here
- Worthington Schools summer programs and activities have been adjusted. Get answers to frequently asked questions here.
- Worthington Concerts on the Green is cancelled through July. August dates are tentative. See more information here
- American Legion Leasure-Blackston Post 239 closed until further notice. If the Memorial Day Parade is able to be rescheduled, information will be posted here: See statements and future updates from the American Legion Post 239.
- The local, state and federal tax deadline has been postponed until July 15.
- Worthington Area Chamber of Commerce events postponed/cancelled until further notice.
Visit the Chamber online for complete schedule updates
- Continuing drive-up service only at the Worthington Resource Pantry
- All Dublin Worthington Rotary Club meetings and activities are suspended indefinitely
These decisions are not easy and we know they impact a lot of Worthington families. Our community partners have the full support of the City as they face these difficult decisions. These extreme steps will help reduce the risk and spread of the disease. We know the impacts these closings and cancellations have on your everyday life and appreciate your cooperation and understanding.